Ms. Moran began her legal career in the litigation department of Shearman & Sterling, a leading international law firm based in New York City, where she concentrated on commercial and corporate litigation from 1987 to 1992. Ms. Moran’s practice centered on complex corporate and commercial litigation, including banking matters, securities, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy, and real estate matters. From 1992 to 1993, Ms. Moran was associated with Sills Cummis & Gross, a top-ranked New Jersey law firm, where her practice focused on commercial litigation, products liability, insurance, and construction law.
Due to the expertise acquired in these positions, Ms. Moran was sought after as in-house counsel. She served in this capacity for MetLife and United HealthCare, two major Fortune 500 companies, from 1993 through 1996 before founding her own women-owned law firm.
Siobhan E. Moran is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell.®
- St. John’s University School of Law (Juris Doctor, 1987); Member of Law Review
- Georgetown University (Bachelor of Arts, 1983)
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (1992)
- Contributed to the Practitioner’s Guide to Product Liability Law in New Jersey (Butterworth Publishing 1994)
- Co-authored with Chief Judge Charles L. Brieant, Jr., of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, a speech delivered to the 68th Annual Dinner of the New York Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Association, Waldorf Astoria, March 1990.
- Author, Assault Upon the Attorney-Client Privilege: A Call To Stem the Erosion, 60 St. John’s Law Review 344 (1986).
- Author, In re: Second Circuit’s Novel Approach to Defining Debt Under the Bankruptcy Code, 60 St. John’s Law Review 344 (1986).
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- National Association of Minority and Women-Owned Law Firms (“NAMWOLF”)
- NAMWOLF Board of Directors, 2002-2011
- Chair, 2007 NAMWOLF Annual Meeting (New York, New York)
- Past Chair of the Nassau County Bar Association Women in the Courts Committee, Mineola, New York
- National Association of Women Lawyers, Planning Committee for the Annual Meeting, New York, New York
- New York State Bar Association, Women in the Law Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgetown University Alumni Association, Alumni Interviewer for students seeking undergraduate admission to Georgetown University.
ADMISSION TO PRACTICE
- New York, State and Federal Courts (1987)
- New Jersey, State and Federal Courts (1988)
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit